Let’s kick off this new collaboration with a Holiday Meal! I, well I can’t just say I any more now that my awesome sister is with me on this blog, but I guess in this case I can say that we don’t really celebrate easter for the traditional religious aspects of the holiday. Instead it is always a great excuse to prepare a special meal to enjoy with family or friends, which is a fantastic thing to do no matter the season. Here are what our easters looked like:
- Deviled eggs as a canapè
- Spinach, pine nut, feta and dill hummus
- Pea and ricotta dip
- Beet, goats cheese and fig salad
- Low and slow braised lamb and beef ‘stew’
- Spring greens with black ink pasta (Acini de Pepe pasta)
- Ricotta cheesecake with Madeira syrup, blueberries and figs
- Deviled Eggs to start
- Honey & Thyme Gazed Ham
- “Scalloped” Potatoes (this recipe was gluten and dairy free and was surprisingly satisfying)
- Roasted Asparagus
- Dinner Rolls
- Creamcheese Pound Cake with Berries and cream.
Hannah’s menu is a bit more in line with the traditional American easter dinner, but we covered both ham and lamb, spring veggies and the obligatory deviled eggs!